Don the Idea Guy offers 10 Idea Inspiring Lightning Rods, a list of ways to constantly expose your creative self to potentially inspirational ideas.
Though this list is aimed at individuals, it works on a number of levels, and even more powerfully, for creative companies. Many of the ideas can be incorporated into the work environment; others could be used as social activities. Your company could:
- share magazines and paperback books
- arrange lunch hour or after-work museum field trips
- hold book discussions
- have show & tell once a week allowing team members to inspire one another
- play word games as teams
- have a variety of music on hand
- attend lectures
- participate in Pecha-Kucha
- create a Wiki of inspirational ideas and web sites
- take classes together (or even offer them on-site!)
Please add your own ideas in the comments!
It’s such a simple thing, yet we often allow ourselves to get “too busy” to take care of fundamentals such as feeding our souls. Managers, do your part to inspire those around you!