Any yahoo can get free business cards and call himself a consultant.
Our Code of Ethics exemplifies the ways we earn your trust.
THE KA-POW-ER! CODE OF ETHICS:
As systems architects, we are your guide to the information world. We uphold the following ethical standards and bear the following responsibilities:
- We conduct our work in an ethical manner so that we merit the confidence of colleagues, clients, and the public.
- We extend public knowledge and appreciation of the consulting profession and its achievements.
- We do not misrepresent our skills or experience.
- We abide by all applicable international, federal, state, and local laws with regard to the operation of our business.
- We do not engage in projects that are in violation of the law or that might reasonably be used by a client to violate the law.
- We safeguard confidential information or documents entrusted to us and will not divulge any confidential information. Furthermore, we do not discuss clients’ projects, equipment or capabilities with potential competitors unless we are sure they are already public knowledge.
- We honor the intellectual property rights of artists and software developers and we explain to our clients what their obligations may be.
- We only use, install, or support fully licensed software. Software purchased under the guise of educational use will be neither installed nor supported. We strongly urge our clients to purchase (or donate to) “shareware”, which is software sold under the honor system. If you benefit from such software, you should pay for it.
- We complete and invoice all services in a professional and timely manner.
- We comply with clients’ established business practices, including those policies relating to gifts and gratuities to client employees. Please notify us of your company’s policies regarding this.
- We avoid improprieties, as well as the appearance of improprieties.
- We will show respect for clients, consultants, and competitors.
- We offer equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, sex, creed, age, disability, or national origin.
- In all circumstances, we will use good judgment and strategic planning, protecting the interests of our clients’ businesses.
- In all circumstances, we will use best practices for data protection and security.
- We strongly encourage our colleagues to act in accordance with this code .
If at any time you feel we have strayed from these professional guidelines, we ask that you call us on it. We work diligently to guard our reputation. (Comments are OPEN on this page so that you may add your own suggestions.)